Building your online presence can be very time consuming, it won’t happen overnight; and also very frustrating, you’ll get ups and downs… that’s a guarantee but it will be worth it!!
But it is important because that is how your leads, customers, followers will get to know you, trust you and want to do business with you. Your online presence can be overwhelming but when build successfully it can bring you everything you need to get favorable results.
Position yourself as an authority figure, and give some value and content accessible at all time and specific to your audience.
To do so, these are the few steps you need to follow:
- You need to determine how you want to brand yourself and who you want as clients and make sure you put the right signal on your blog and timeline. You can’t please everybody and be all over the place ! So write your goal, both short term and long term.
- You need to choose a website, blog with the right domain name that would attract your customers. You don’t need to have anything complicated, simple sometimes is better. I would recommend your name and not the company you are representing. It is your online presence!
- You need to make sure you get an expert on the platform you chose, you can’t be everywhere at the start or you are going to be burned out and that’s how a lot of people quit. See where your niche is and start with that platform. Then in time you can add another platform when you have reach a good potential on the first platform. I would recommend Facebook at the start, with a Fanpage
- Being present means you need to do some videos on youtube with some testimonials of your clients, trainings or going live to engage with your audience. You need to be consistent and make sure you give value. Webinar also is a good way to build relationship with your audience. As i said in a previous blog, don’t wait until everything is perfect… your audience don’t know what you had in your head and they won’t see the difference.
- Track your progress and make sure to stay in contact with your prospects – send them a newsletter now and then even if they are not in your business. You never know! Check the number of followers on your other platforms and see what is working for you. Then once you are well establish in one platform, you can start to advertise on a second platform.
- Patience…. Nothing happen over night !!! Even if you think at the start you are your own audience, you have people out there seeing you 🙂
In Summary, you need to form a durable relationship with your audience – blogging, videos, webinars, … – while choosing the right platform and create consistent value on social media.
If you got value from this blog, leave me a comment and i’ll be happy to connect
Other resources you might need:
Find a system that will give the the full support you need to succeed! Learn More
How to choose your platform wisely CLICK HERE
How to brand yourself CLICK HERE